Saturday, September 30, 2017

fifth Saturday challenge

One of our local quilt shops, Not Your Mama's Quilt Store, where I host the Boast and Toast every month, has begun a fifth Saturday Challenge. On the last fifth Saturday (which was in July) I decided to purchase the mystery bag and join in the fun for September. Everyone who joins gets the same materials in their bag, and you can use it to make whatever you want. Fun!

This particular bag had a half yard of three different fabrics. One was this delightful print:
The second piece was a burgundy solid. I decided to English Paper Piece stars (mostly because I knew I was going to have a lot of travel time away from my machine!). It was amazing to me how many different fussy cut stars I could get out of a single print! I used the burgundy solid to set them off....

Confession: I did ad in the pink "dot" for the partial stars around the edges. But the others? All from that one print! pretty cool.

Oh, and the other fabric? A blue texture. hmmm. what to do with that?
onto the back it went, Haha. Oh and you can see my "far from perfect" grid that I quilted on my domestic machine. sigh.

I wonder what everyone else  has done?

5 comments:

Debbie said...

oh this is lovely! Very cool all the different designs!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

That looks really good - the stars are lovely!

Chantal said...

I love all the different patterns you got from the one piece of fabric. It is super pretty. Well done.

Ondrea said...

Beautiful! I love the stars and the fussy cutting. Must have taken you ages to cut the fabric.

Maria said...

You did a fabulous job with the fabrics for the challenge. You sure got a lot of varied Stars out of the fabric...
HOW did you take the last. Photo? Poles look high ?