Sunday, September 3, 2017

baby quilt

I shared in my Q3 finish-a-long goals post that I had two baby quilts to make for babies due early September, a boy quilt and a girl quilt. Well we all know babies have minds of their own! Both arrived in August! I was able to deliver the baby girl quilt this weekend....
Pink and gold was the request! I cut squares from my stash and did offset borders. Quilted it with crosshatching in the patchwork and curvy lines for the rest.
Backed it in flannel for lots of cozy baby snuggles, and pieced the back with some extra squares too...

checking this one off as DONE! The boy quilt is done too... will share that soon, after it has been delivered!



7 comments:

Chantal said...

what a sweet quilt Ellyn! It looks so soft and comfy - just what a baby needs!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is such a sweet little baby quilt. I'll be watching for the next one...after it's delivered. Happy sewing! Andrea

Connie said...

Very pretty quilt . . . babies come when they are ready, not necessarily when the doctors say, LOL.

Maria said...

A very pretty girly quilt ..

Debbie said...

Yay! Love the pink and gold together! I just finished up a baby quilt this weekend too and baby was born Saturday while I was working on it! ;-) Boy it was nice to have a quick finish!

Ondrea said...

Great colour combo and fantastic idea using flannel on the back. Looking forward to seeing the other one. So glad that you are okay and very sorry that Texas is having such a terrible time.

felicity said...

You totally nailed the colour request, ellyn! I love the offset borders, too.

On behalf of the global hosts, thank you for participating in the Finish A Long!