Monday, February 27, 2017

sidetracked....

Last week, Tisha, the owner of Not Your Mama's Quilt Store posted a video of a new product they had gotten in. 1/4 inch hexie papers! Yes you read that right. Not one to avoid a challenge, I ran right over there and bought a package. By the end of the day I had made a hexie flower....
Seriously, those hexies are SMALL! I searched my stash to find something small enough to fussy cut and these little mice fit the bill. Aren't they adorable?

I kept adding solid hexies until I had this....
At first I thought I'd make it into a bookmark, but it really wanted to become a pin cushion. Who am I to argue? I added some borders and a backing, filled it up with walnut shells....


so much fun! and totally not on my (long) to-do list, but oh well!



Ok, time to get back to that list...... until something else distracts me!



8 comments:

Kristin said...

Totally adorable!!! The colors match your blue g! :)

Maria said...

Oh Ellyn that's just adorable....

Lisa C said...

Oh my goodness! Adorable!

Debbie said...

Super cute but yikes! ;-)

Sally said...

This is absolutely adorable! The hexies look perfect as a pincushion :) Those are some tiny hexies, though!

Ondrea said...

You know, I have had 1/4" hexie templates sitting in my sewing room for about 5 years now! LOL, I still haven't used them. Tweezers, a magnifying glass and silk thread are what I have been advised to use. You have done a terrific job girl!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Seriously cute. Am interested in how you basted your 1/4" hexagons.

Anonymous said...

Omg these are so cute,love the colours,well done on your beautiful pin cushion.