Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My Small World section two

In case you were worried that I had replaced my passion for sewing and quilting with a love for weaving, I wanted to prove otherwise! I've been working on My Small World quilt some more, and just finished up section two...
My favorite thing about making this quilt is riffing through my stash and finding fun fabrics to fussy cut for each section. Like the guitar playing horse inside the yellow house....
Little Red Riding hood made her appearance in this section too. And a double decker bus in London, to remind me of the trip Hubby and I took there for our 25th anniversary in 2012.
I'm waiting to sew all of the finished sections together, but I couldn't resist laying sections one and two side by side for a photo shoot....
The riot of color makes me so happy! What have you been working on?

4 comments:

Hilary said...

This is coming together so beautifully!

Maria said...

I love this happy scrappy quilt ... Reminds me of the houses I once did with lots of picture fabric... How big is it going to be?

Debbie said...

This is sure looking good!

Ondrea said...

Looking fantastic! Forgot to ask if you were affected by the storms there.