Friday, August 7, 2015

a new bag

Yesterday I knew I had the whole day at home to do as I please (that's code for SEW!). There was a whole list of projects I have to/want to get done on my chalkboard but not a one of them spoke to me. I've had a new bag brewing in my head for a while & decided a little selfish sewing was in order!

I started working on this purse/tote bag about 9am totally designing it as I went along, and by 3 in the afternoon it was done and ready to use.
front of the bag
 Please notice there is NOT ONE SPECK of aqua in this bag! Ha. I knew I could do it! The bag is 12 inches tall, 10 inches wide & 2 1/2 inches deep at the boxed corners.


and the back
It has two handles, each one 32 inches long. Lots of interfacing, fusible fleece and matchstick quilting so it's quite sturdy.

I think my favorite part is the pocket panel on the front - one big open pocket, and a zipper pocket.
Or maybe it's the custom pockets on the inside that perfectly hold all of my cards. And the zip top! I used Svetlana's method from the Lola Pouch and it's awesome. The binding adds to the finish too. 

All in all, it came out exactly the way I had envisioned it! Don't you love when that happens? 

Ok, back to my list....


4 comments:

Debbie said...

I DO love when that happens! This is lovely. What is that 'x' fabric?

Maria said...

Yes it is great when that happens Ellyn.
What a fantastic bag you designed.. great size and I love the pockets.I do like the greys too....Can't always have aqua..LOL

Three Owls Handmade said...

Perfect bag!!!! I can't wait to inspect in person.

Leslie said...

I am in LOVE with this bag!!! wow! loving all the fabrics! thanks for sharing the link too! have a great day!