Friday, December 19, 2014

baby quilt finish

One last quilt finish for the year! I just put the final stitches in the binding of this quilt made for a friend's new granddaughter. The request was for a bright, modern baby quilt that could be used past infancy by a little girl.....
 Also, there was a request that it have a tea party reference, since the baby shower was a tea party! I also included some of the linens used at the shower (the pale pinks). Here's a close up of the teapot & cup I included. My pal, Diann, did the beautiful quilting which you can see here as well.
 I used the baby quilt pattern from Rachel Griffith's "Quilts Made With Love" book as a jumping off point, then kind of did my own thing to make the quilt bigger and include all of the requested elements. I rather like the way this turned out!


6 comments:

Maria said...

What a gorgeous quilt for a baby girl to grow with.. Love the tea party theme and Diann's quilting is beautiful.

Debbie said...

very creative and pretty! Very nice!

Melissa said...

So FUN and happy!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It is ADORABLE!!!!! I love it. and just so you know... I am ready to ship to you! I am so sorry I am late with your part of the swap. :)

Sally said...

This is really adorable! Great job!

Three Owls Handmade said...

This turned out so perfect! You are a genius!