Wednesday, July 24, 2013

craft camp day three


Today the girls finished two projects. First, they made felt bookmarks. They learned how to make lazy daisy stitches to embroider flowers on their bookmarks. It was tricky but they all mastered it! We used this tutorial.
Next we made button bracelets. I have to admit I was a little hesitant to teach them these. When I made my sample, I got the thread tangled around the elastic many times. It was frustrating! I decided we would work in pairs, one girl holding the elastic while the other girl stitched on her buttons. It worked like a charm! As you can see, they all finished their bracelets and wore them home.

Tomorrow is our last day together. I've had a great time with these young ladies.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Love these! Can you share with me how to make the button bracelets? This would be a great Girl Scout craft ...

Thanks. Donna

Ellyn said...

Hi Donna! I hope you check back here since you are a no reply blogger.... we sewed the buttons onto a piece of 1/2 inch elastic about 7 inches long. once all the buttons were on, we hand stitched the ends together... that's all!

Donna said...

Hi Ellyn,

I didn't know I was a no reply blogger! I'll have to fix that. Thanks for the info ... I appreciate it! Donna