Sunday, May 12, 2013

eating healthy


 For a couple of months now, I have been focusing on healthy eating in an effort to lose some weight (it's working, I'm not here to brag, but progress is being made!) Anyways, during our last inspiration day outing Melissa and I took some time to photograph the colorful veggies at the local grocery store....



 I think I should print this mosaic out and put it on my fridge as a motivational tool. How can foods this pretty NOT be good for you??? Anyways, my family has been very supportive of my efforts. Today being Mother's Day they set out to cook a healthy dinner for me.....

 Well they said they were cooking. There was a lot of laughter in the kitchen....





 Ummm, Ally, that's NOT the kitchen!

 In the end, they served up a wonderful shrimp & veggie stir fry on gluten free spaghetti noodles and a big salad. I hope your families all treated you especially well today too!

4 comments:

prsd4tim2 said...

My son is home as well, and between he and WH, I didn't have to cook or do dishes all day. Glad you had a wonderful {healthy} Mother's Day.

Melissa said...

I agree - it should be easy to eat food that colorful!

And I'm glad to hear you had a good meal prepared for you by that crazy bunch! :>)

Maria said...

LOL I loved your post... Lots of fun was had getting your yummy dinner....

Antoinette said...

I have some "salad friends" who are up for any interesting combination I bring by. The salads are usually colorful, and the hubby of this couple said to me once, "You know when you eat something this colorful, your body is just saying, 'THANK YOU!'" I always think about that when see colors come together. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. :)