Thursday, March 28, 2013

barn raising (yes, again)

Today I built barn three in Lori Holt (Bee in my Bonnet)'s barn along....

I am loving building these barns! Part of the fun for me with each one is deciding what to put in the window....
Doesn't this little girl look happy swinging away? What a great daddy she has to have hung a swing in the rafters of the barn for her. So here are all of my barns so far....
One reason I am really enjoying this is that my piecing is getting more precise with each barn I make. Barn #1 has some wonky parts, seams that don't quite match, etc, but each one gets better and better. Yay me!

In case you've been wondering how my circle stitching is going, I'm making progress....

 Are you doing something fun and crafty today?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Another great looking barn - wish I had a swing (& a barn) to hang out in sometime! :>)

I've been in my craft room all day, but it's mostly been computer stuff (online classes, preparing blog posts, editing photos) - all fun stuff!

Sally said...

Your barn is adorable! I've been contemplating making a couple of them to make into pillows. What are you going to do with yours?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

My 3rd barn is cut out and I've changed my mind 3 times to what my quilt block would be for it. I finally decided and pulled fabrics for it. Just no time lately to get into the sewing room. My last barn will have the postage stamp quilt block (I think). Yours look great!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I'm in love with your Barn #3!....The roof fabric is awesome and I love how you put the girl on the swing in the window. Love it,
Stefanie