Monday, January 7, 2013

jumping on a bandwagon

Right around new years day, I started seeing these quilt blocks on instagram tagged #scrappytripalong. First there were a couple. Then there were dozens. And pretty soon there were HUNDREDS of quilters making them! I resisted as long as I possible could. Then I checked out the tutorial they were all using and thought to myself "ok, I'll make one block. it looks cool".
 I used scraps from my stash, 2 1/2 inch strips that were already cut and just hanging out in my scrap drawer. And it was FUN! And really really fast. So I kept going. And on the second day I had four blocks done....

 Pardon the cords and terrible pictures. I cannot for the life of me find the battery charger for my camera, so I took these with my phone.

So I added my pictures to the Flickr group and kept on sewing....

and now there are eight blocks. They are not sewn together yet, and the layout will be changing. But I am HOOKED! I can't stop making these crazy blocks. Are you #scrappytripalonging yet? I really think you should. Speaking of Flickr groups, have you joined our stitch along group yet? I can't wait to see what you all do with my pattern.

It was fun to have Steve home from college for a couple of weeks. Before he left to go back to Arizona, I asked him to take some photos of me (using his fancy camera. NOT his phone!) so I could update the photos on my website, Facebook, etc. So we went to the playground to get some bright colors in the background. There weren't any kids on the playground (it was pretty chilly!) so I didn't feel too dorky. He took some great pictures, but I thought you might like to see some of the silly ones!


I actually like this one because I'm laughing & having fun!


This one is my Brady Bunch shot. Doesn't it look like those shots of them looking around the square at the different family members? LOL



And just in case you're wondering, yes, I can just smile and take a halfway decent photo!

Ok, back to my scrappy blocks I go....

2 comments:

Maria said...

I am not even thinking of a NEW project even though I am loving your block...
Love all the photos Steve took. The bottom on is my favorite.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You jumped on the bandwagon too?? I'm resisting really hard! Maybe I will jump in later but I can't right now. Your blocks look great! Great pics too!