Tuesday, January 15, 2013

first finish of 2013 - scrappy trip along

January 15 and my first quilt of the year is DONE! I actually started and finished this quilt in 2013 (not like last year when my first finish was a carryover from the year before). I started my scrappy trip along quilt on new years day and today I took my last stitches in the binding. 
I quilted this on my domestic machine. Nothing fancy, some zig zaggy lines and not very densely quilted, but I did it. One goal I have this year is to learn free motion quilting and get more comfortable with quilting things myself.

Do you have a finish for the year yet?

9 comments:

Sally said...

I don't have any finished quilts yet this year, but I will be making and finishing a doll quilt (swap) very soon and I will also be making a baby quilt very soon, too! I have made a couple pouches, though, and am getting ready to test a bag pattern, too.

Sally said...

I forgot to say that your quilt looks great, too! I have one block completed for mine so far.

bevkimmel said...

I have seen several of these and I love yours. It is so cheery! I just may have to try this.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Congratulations! It looks great - so cheerful!

Maria said...

WOW!!!! Ellyn I just love this bright Quilt.
Great first finish. good on ya for doing the quilting...

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love it! No finish for me yet and I don't plan on having one. Working full time just gets in the way. BOO! BUT 3 day weekend ahead and I have all kinds of sewing time planned.

Katherine said...

Gorgeous! The colours are so happy and bright. Fantastic first finish for 2013! Your year is off to a wonderful start. :o)

Doni said...

Your quilt is just beautiful Ellyn! I keep seeing the Scrappy Trip Along on so many blogs and I have it on my wish list to do soon too! :)

Melissa said...

This turned out great & it's so colorful! The blue border sets it off perfect.

I finally got some time in my craft room yesterday & finished 3 layouts - my first ones for the year.