Tuesday, June 12, 2012

needlebook swap

Some days are just too windy to photograph quilts outside. You put the quilt up on the fence, and by the time you walk ten steps away and turn to focus the camera this is what you find...
 Oh well. I really can't show you that quilt anyways. Sorry!

I can show you the adorable needle books I got in the swap at The Quilt Asylum last night....
A pair! Thank you Stephanie, they are so sweet. I especially love the tiny one.... they will come in handy this weekend. I have my handwork all packed up to take on a little weekend getaway. I'm working on the lovely stitchery patterns that Natalie at Cinderberry Stitches sent to me. I'll be sure to show you what I get done on the road.

We're taking Miss Ally on her first college visit. The first one for HER I mean... she's been dragged on plenty of others in the past, forced to check out journalism schools that really didn't interest her at all. This time it's all about her and her interests. We'll be scoping out Texas State in San Marcos. They are one of the schools that offers the entire Physical Therapy program that Ally is interested in.

Ok, off I go. There is packing to do. Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I know what you mean Ellyn. It's been super windy here so no photos of my quilt tops either.
Good luck Ally checking out the college. Very exciting for you.
27 to go.......

Melissa said...

Hope y'all have a great trip! We'll get together when you get back & we're done with all our jury duties!

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh, have fun on the college visits. A bittersweet experience, but after all, we have to accept that they are growing up. They can be great bonding moments too, so enjoy!