Saturday, November 5, 2011

goodies for a friend

A while ago I shipped a birthday bundle off to my friend Maria in Australia. I didn't want to share them here until I knew she had received them. Well today is Maria's birthday (Happy Birthday!) and she posted a picture of the goodies on her blog, so I know they arrived! You really should go check out her blog, Life on the Block. She makes such lovely things and has a beautiful garden too!

Anyways, back to the goodies. In September we had Quilt across Texas & I picked up a charm pack of the special Moda fabric that was designed for the shop hop. Since Maria made me an Australia mugrug a while back, I thought she should have a Texas mugrug for her sewing space! And, I made another "hoop". I am enjoying doing these with bits of fabric, felt, embroidery floss... on Maria's I even added some beads and a charm...

It's so much fun to share with friends all over the world. What have you made lately?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you again Ellyn for my lovely gifts.
The Mug Rug is next to my computer to use.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh I like that hoop! You need to tell me how you make them. I think my Santa Sack swap partner would like one. love that Texas mug rug.