Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Hamster???

Have any of you discovered the new craft magazine out of the UK, Mollie Makes? The sixth issue just came out in England, not here in the US yet, but I am watching for it! The first five issues have the most adorable projects in them! Mostly little projects that can be whipped up in an afternoon..... sewing & quilting projects, little felt projects, crochet... So the other day Ally saw a picture online of a little felt hamster & said "oooh I want one!" LOL really? A Hamster? Well, this is the only kind of hamster she'll ever have in my house, I can tell you that! Then I realized that the pattern was in the most recent issue of Mollie Makes. So yesterday I pulled out my felt scraps and made Ally a hamster....

Ally named it Jorge. Really? I pointed out that it is definitely a girl hamster (note the flower) but she insists on calling it Jorge the Hamster Whatever! Oh, and by the way, this hamster is less than 2 inches tall! Talk about a tiny hamster... it was fun to make & took me less than an hour.


Keep your eyes open for this cool magazine. I found it at Barnes & Noble....


3 comments:

Sewjoe said...

Too cute! Now can you make my child a hedgehog? She really wants one but I won't give in to having that kind of pet in the house.

Maria said...

Oh How cute is that Hamster. Love the name Ally,here is Aussie girls are called Jorge sew no worries.
Have never seen the mag here.Looks like a fun one.

Lisa said...

Your such a good Mommy! Less than 2 inches tall though, must have been fiddly..