Monday, May 30, 2011

Tablerunner for a swap

It's time for another swap at The Quilt Asylum! Actually, the swap is in a couple or weeks but mine is DONE. I used a pattern from the book "Let's Do Lunch". This swap is Summertime Table runners. What do you think? Does this say "summertime" to you? I have always loved these colors. When I was 12 or 13 I did my whole bedroom in yellow and orange..... mostly yellow walls with one bright orange accent wall, orange shag carpet, a very graphic & bright comforter on my bed. My parents even painted my desk yellow for me! And yes, in case you were wondering, it was the 70s. Those colors were all the rage. Gosh I wish I had a picture of that room to share with you! (preferably a picture without dorky 12-year-old-me in it!)

My kiddos seem to have somehow inherited my color love. A few years ago, Steve came to me & asked to paint a wall in his bedroom Orange! What could I say? And when he moved into his sister's room a few years later, yup, you guessed it. Another orange wall! And then this spring, Leigh Anne informed me that the kitchen in her new apartment will be.... wait for it.... yellow and orange! I made her some pretty placemats in her new colors and somehow they got into the mail before I caught them with my camera. Maybe when she gets back to Arizona I can get her to photograph them for us...

So I hope my swap partner likes yellow and orange as much as I do. I think a big glass bowl of oranges and lemons would look delightful in the middle of this runner, don't you?



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh very summery - yellow being my favorite color, I love this! My niece's bedroom has been yellow & orange the last few years and it is just such a happy room.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Shouts summer over here! I think it looks great and your swap partner will love it!

Maria said...

Yep very summery indeed.

You guys do have a thing for orange and yellow. Looking forward to seeing the placemats.