Saturday, April 23, 2011

more DS prints and a pattern review

I went back to Joanns today & got some more Denyse Schmidt prints. Those reds were just calling my name! These might become placemats for my kitchen. Or an apron. Pickings were very slim today, those prints are flying on out of there! I had picked up this pattern, McCalls 6060, the other day to make some little summer dresses for Mackenzie. The more I thought about it, I wanted to make a dress out of some of the blue/green prints I had bought the other day. So I picked up another yard of one of those prints too.

And I whipped up this little lovely today. What a great pattern! It went together easily. It has a zipper in the side seam which also went in no problem. I love that the entire bodice is lined, no facings poking out, no raw edges (except in the skirt. When I make this again I will use french seams there).

Joanns was out of the polka dot, so I used a little bit of what I had bought the other day. I love the contrast it adds! & check out how cute the back is...

All of you with little girls to sew for should check out this pattern. It also has tops & capris to make. I made a size 2, but the pattern comes in 1-3 and 4-6. Very sweet in these prints. I think it looks like something my mom might have made me back in the 60s!


Happy Easter everyone. I hope the sun is shining where you are.

8 comments:

Sally said...

This is a sweet little dress! I've seen several patterns made up recently, that I would really like to make up for my niece, or my step-niece, too.

Maria said...

Love your fabrics and the little dress is just so sweet.

Diane said...

What a sweet little dress. When my girls were little I loved to make them little sun dresses.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love it!! It is so retro looking! I wish I was good at sewing clothes. If I send you fabric would you make one for my Punk?? LOL!!

Sewjoe said...

We should have gone to Frisco...they had 21 different DS prints!!

zubizup said...

Turkish Underwears
www.yoncatoptan.com
please wisit me,ı will be glad:)))

Erica said...

that little dress is so cute! x

tusen said...

this is such a cute dress and I like your choice of fabrics very much.