Wednesday, February 16, 2011

surprised!

Sunday night my sweet hubby informed me that he was taking me out to dinner for Valentines Day. Sweet! Honestly the two of us eat out all the time, so I don't know why he was making a fuss about it, but hey, I didn't have to cook so who am I to argue? So he took me to.... Which is great! Because they have a yummy gluten free menu. So I was happy. & when we got inside I found....
These girls! Waiting to wish me a surprise happy 50th birthday! My hubby had arranged the whole thing behind my back. He left me there with my girlfriends to enjoy the evening. It was really kind of funny because this picture was hanging over the table where we gathered.... A glimpse of the future perhaps? Which one do you think is me? Oh & there were big balloons tied to my chair....
And we ate amazing food. Here's a sampling...
I opened sweet presents. And then, you guessed it, a little man came & sang Happy Birthday to me in Italian! And they delivered this yummy dessert (which I am just guessing was yummy, judging by the looks on my girlfriends faces as they devoured it! & the waiter brought me an ice cream sundae since the cake was not gluten free)
What a wonderful evening! Did I mention that I have the most incredible hubby on the planet? And the most fantastic girlfriends? Well I do. Thanks guys!
(pictures courtesy of Joellen!)

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh What a great guy. So pleased you had a wonderful time. Wish I was there too.

Oh you are the one on the far left. LOL

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Awesome!! You have a wonderful husband to plan something like that for you.