Friday, July 3, 2009

IKEA finds & an owl

Today the girls & I went to IKEA. Ally has been bugging me to go for a while. She is ready to remodel the gameroom.....

So she found this rug, which will be her jumping off point for the decorating! Lots of possibilities here (& apparently it's really soft!)
I bought myself a new ironing board! It's really sturdy, & much wider than my old one, almost 18 inches wide! I had seen it last time I was there & didn't get it. Today it was on sale! YAY! I love the little rack for my iron too (don't mind the mess around it....)


But the cover is really boring. Ally thinks I should make a new cover out of this fabric (also from IKEA). What do you think? I think it just might work!


Next week I am heading to Louisville with a friend from church. We'll be attending the Churchwide gathering of Presbyterian Women. I'm really excited about it! I have a huge list of things to get done before I go. Today I got my hair cut (CHECK!). Here's something else that was on my list..... the other day at Target I bought a solid yellow nightshirt that looked comfy for the trip. Ally said "Mom that's really plain. It needs an owl on the front."

Owl. (CHECK!)
On to the next project!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God forbid you sleep in a plain ol' nightshirt!! Love it!!

Ally said...

HeHe That's me on that rug!

Vintage Chicken said...

ooooh... I love the rug! Can't wait to see what direction she jumps off in! LOL

And the fabric for the ironing board cover is great too!
You really had a great IKEA trip!

Allison said...

That hippo fabric is so cute, it would be a cute cover for your ironing board which I am jealous of. :) Thanks for stopping by and linking -Allison